Wednesday, March 14, 2018

STATUS REPORT # 126

After some long thought-processing of what I should do regarding my current WIP
endeavors since CreateSpace has ceased all of its support services for authors, I’ve
decided to forge ahead with one of manuscripts that my erotic side [Kathryn Heart] has
going for her. One of the reasons I’ve chosen this particular manuscript from the total of
four we’ve got between us is that going forwards we won’t be producing any paperback
versions of our books.

Going forwards with a KINDLE version only, we [my erotic side and I] know the covers [front and back] will have to be part of the file being converted to the KINDLE format. The biggest problem with designing the cover on our own would be to have the title/author’s name overlaid onto the artwork for the front cover, and for this particular manuscript an overlay won’t be required, given what my thoughts for the cover design are. The only issue we’ve basically got is for the formatting of the text pages, specifically to get the page numbers to start a few pages in. But, I’m going to check a dozen or so KINDLE only books I’ve got on my computer to see if physical page numbers are actually necessary for a KINDLE book.

Right now, since I haven’t looked at this particular manuscript or any of my other ones since the middle of November of last year, I’ve got to begin by looking at each one before starting to write anew. So, in regards to this manuscript which is an erotic GLBT/BDSM novella entitled “The Transformation”, I’ve already re-read and edited about 65% of the existing manuscript, and still need to write about 15% more to reach my projected total of 32,500 words. As it stands now, I’ve got 115 pages with approximately 27,600 words.

With the writing of my manuscripts resuming the velocity at which I’ve been reading/writing reviews will now be tapered back.

Lastly, I’d love to start interviewing my fellow romance authors here. So, if you’re interested please send me a DM to my Twitter account [@mypennameonly] and we can start the process [first come, first served basis]. Be advised I’m only taking the first 15 individuals who respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment