Friday, May 30, 2014

FIVE SENTENCE FICTION - Marriage

This week Lillie McFerrin gave us the prompt of “MARRIAGE” on her website [http://www.lilliemcferrin.com]; and as I down this morning to think about what I should write about, the thought of simply posting a small snippet of my W.I.P came to me.


I’m now over 90% completed writing my adult Contemporary romance with a paranormal element running through parts of the storyline entitled “His Darkest Secret.”


In this snippet Jessica is sitting in the huge leather chair in her office/den as she quietly holds the old picture of Bill on first day on the job as a volunteer firefighter, wearing his jacket and helmet. She closes her eyes while holding the picture next to her heart, falls asleep, and begins to dream of what her life would have been like if Bill hadn’t died in the tragic fire on Oak Street. She remained sleeping in her chair until six o’clock when Gloria came in to wake her for dinner.


THOUGHTS ABOUT BILL AS
I’M ABOUT TO MARRY WARREN



I know I’m marrying Warren tomorrow, but I so wish it would have been you such a long time ago.


I don’t know how you’ve done it but you’ve kept the promise you made to me the day you died about always being there for me, especially when I’d need it the most.


I still can’t believe it, but it’s incredible there have been so many similarities regarding the three of us, especially the coincidence of Warren having used the same song for his wedding with Linda; that we’d decided to use for ours.


I also know your spirit will be there with me tomorrow, watching as I walk down the white aisle to be married to the wonderful guy you sent me to be your substitute. As I sit here, thinking about all this, I sense you’re be sending me another one of your mysterious letters which always proceeds some important event in my life, and what event could be more important in my life than my wedding day.




My first YA Paranormal/Time Travel/First Kiss romance novel is entitled “I Kissed a Ghost” Available on Amazon. Here are the links for the KINDLE Edition




[UK] http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CRQ9SC6


[US] http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CRQ9SC6

10 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for the compliment Sandy
      Have a GREAT WEEKEND with your family !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow Robin! Cool story. I have goosebumps. Some people love us a lot to be our guardian angels for life.
    1 query- What happened to Linda then? She passed away and hence Warren is re-marrying, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS for the wonderful compliment Anita.

      Yes Anita Warren's previous wife Linda did pass away as did Jessica's fiancé William [Bill]. But there's a LOT MORE concerning everyone. Remember this is merely a snippet from my W.I.P. and yet it's a story which can almost stand on its own merit.

      Question? If the book of which this is taken from had already published, and you read this. Would you be inclined to think about buying the book itself ??? THANKS

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. THANKS for the compliment Janu
      Have a GREAT WEEK in whatever you decide to do. !!! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  4. Great idea, good story. Could use a bit more honing, especially with the “I know.” I’d like to read this when it’s available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol

      THANKS for your compliment and your feedback.

      One of the reasons I wrote a preface to the actual story which could only contain five sentences is to set everything up. Remember Jessica has fallen asleep and this is what she's dreaming, We're reading her thoughts which is why everything has been written in italics.

      Delete
  5. There's a sadness to this, despite her impending wedding, I feel. The strength of her love does come through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzie

      THANKS for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment.

      Her strength for both of the men in her life is there. Remember, as you read in the above it had been Bill, although dead, who sent Warren to Jessica, and she's still receiving letters from Bill which keeps his memory fresh in her mind as he keeps the promise he made to her.

      Now that I've used this snippet as my response to Lillie's prompt for the week of "MARRIAGE", I'm surprised myself in the amount of stuff I'd been able to squeeze into only five sentences.

      Have a GREAT WEEK in whatever you decide to do.

      Delete